Re: Re: What should be the big issues of the 2008 election?
The war and climate are big issues, but I don't believe that they are the very top issues. Economics is the essential issue that will control our ability to decide our fate in many areas. There should be discussion of all of the issues but I believe our economic issues are hidden and need to be uncovered, discussed and proposals made to begin unraveling the deep problems that are there.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
- Fewer than 50 people worldwide have 'golden blood' — or Rh-null.
- Blood is considered Rh-null if it lacks all of the 61 possible antigens in the Rh system.
- It's also very dangerous to live with this blood type, as so few people have it.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.