Re: Re: What is the root of Islamic fundamentalism?
The roots are their texts AND their teachers (priests or imams or sheikhs) who use the teachings to get power and wealth. It's about the same for all kinds of fundamentalists. You can see the same roots on 13th Avenue in Brooklyn, where the Chasids have each sect's territory marked out, as if at war with other sects. THE root is the human species genetic force to band together in packs. Chimps do it. As far as FUNDAMENTALISM appears to be the matter at hand, the headmen in the Islamic world can manipulate their rabbles and keep them under control. But then Attah, Yussef, and bin Laden are hardly rabble -- they are headmen! So was Muhammad. Notice please that the great imams don't seem to have condemned terrorism or religious errors. Yadda yadda!
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
An innovation may lead to lifelike self-reproducing and evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.