Re: Re: What is justice?
If Mr. Roth would invest more time to study the Constitution, I believe that everthing from Martin Luthers King's economic equality to basic human rights are protected within the bill of rights even when vested in the people by state constitution as states rights.
Read the 9th and 10th amendments we are three jurisdictions federal limited rights and powers, states limited rights and powers and the rights and powers of the people. We are not subjects of the government. As the 5th amendment states nor deprived of life, liberty or property, without due process. You can never lose your rights and powers unless as part of the penalty for the conviction of a crime against another.
An important fact that even justice Briar left out is that our nation is a republic along with the states that are guaranteed the right to the republican form of government by the US Constitution. Law rules not the president, congress or legislatures or governors. People as vested with supreme power, they merely represent.
The founders showed wisdom beyond what this society chooses to see and there are none so blind as those that will not see.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.