Re: Re: What is America's greatest challenge?
While suicide bombing is a major obstacle that must be overcome, I would argue that Mr. Dershowitz misses the point by equating fundamentalism with and being happy with their lives. Look where the suicides are taking place. Just because the Islamic world does not have a new SUV and an i-Phone does not mean they are not happy. Money does not equate happiness. If this were the case, the majority of the world would be experiencing severe depression. The problem is not fundamentalism born of out of poverty; it is fundamentalism of last resort. Look to Carter’s Peace Not Apartheid. \nFundamentalism is a major challenge. Poverty is not the cause. Happiness is not the cause. Dogma is the culprit.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Entrepreneur and author Andrew Horn shares his rules for becoming an assured conversationalist.
- To avoid basing action on external validation, you need to find your "authentic voice" and use it.
- Finding your voice requires asking the right questions of yourself.
- There are 3-5 questions that you would generally want to ask people you are talking to.
Swiss researchers identify new dangers of modern cocaine.
- Cocaine cut with anti-worming adulterant levamisole may cause brain damage.
- Levamisole can thin out the prefrontal cortex and affect cognitive skills.
- Government health programs should encourage testing of cocaine for purity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.