Re: Re: What is America's biggest challenge?
I agree. America (and the rest of the 1st world) need to show clear leadership to bring the rest of the world to the human rights and freedoms and proseperity we regard as aspirational. The current situation where the "coalition of the willing" has been unable to enforce its will (straining resources militarily and finacially) on several small countries on the opposite side of the world shows that the current approach is not working - America had great sympathy after 7/11 but now in much of the world it is being postioned as the enemy - as bad as what if struggles against, and being simply self centred.
American leaders have shown great foresight,leadership and generosity in the past to good effect - think of America's leadership on the treatment of Germany at the end of WWII and how well that has worked
Bizzarely the Climate Change crisis might provide an opportunity for America to lead again
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.