Re: Re: What do you think happens to you when you die?
I've met a lot of people who aren't crazy about oblivion, as you appear to be, but consider this: You've already experienced it, at least to a degree. Whenever you go to sleep, and don't dream, you aren't aware of you memories, experiences, etc. So, unless you are afraid of sleeping, you shouldn't have any problems. In the here and now, you don't like the idea that the fundamental You will be gone forever, but, once you're dead, there won't even be a part of you to notice that. This may be of no comfort to you whatsoever, but, for me at least, it's eliminated the greatest fear of death.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.