Re: Re: What do you think happens to you when you die?
The scriptures are reasonably precise about what happens to us when we die. As a member of the LDS faith, we believe that faith is a wonderful thing to have, but without works, faith is dead. in other words, we are judged on what we think and feel and DO in this life.
for me this is great motivation to perform as well as I can in any given situation, treat others as well as I am able in any given circumstance and think twice before chastising or arguing with someone.
This comes about because we are also told that in this life we are to prepare to meet god. There is no 2nd chance in many (not all) circumstances.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.