Re: Re: Was NAFTA was a good idea?
I'm a little lost. How is it that U.S. citizens benefit from manufacture's farming out jobs to other countries? It's cheaper to make something somewhere else and trasport it thousands of miles back here? Why? It's better for a company to make a shirt in Mexico paying labor two dollars an hour or whatever instead of paying a U.S. citizen minimum wage? There should have been a provision forcing any U.S. company manufacturing outside our borders to comply with our minimun wage labor standards. I think this would be more in the spirit of what the politicians were feeding Americans when pushing this initiative. I see the logic in opening new markets for trade, as there are only so many consumers in the U.S. I don't see the logic in not paying the labor enough to buy our exports.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.