Re: Re: Was NAFTA was a good idea?
I'm a little lost. How is it that U.S. citizens benefit from manufacture's farming out jobs to other countries? It's cheaper to make something somewhere else and trasport it thousands of miles back here? Why? It's better for a company to make a shirt in Mexico paying labor two dollars an hour or whatever instead of paying a U.S. citizen minimum wage? There should have been a provision forcing any U.S. company manufacturing outside our borders to comply with our minimun wage labor standards. I think this would be more in the spirit of what the politicians were feeding Americans when pushing this initiative. I see the logic in opening new markets for trade, as there are only so many consumers in the U.S. I don't see the logic in not paying the labor enough to buy our exports.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.