Re: Re: The Truth of Abortion
I think the argument about abortion is stuck in the wrong place. People argue about weather the fetus is a person or not. But philosophicaly speaking that is irrelevant. Lets supose a fetus is a person. There is nothing that obligates one person to sacrifice anything, or even do anything without sacrifice to save another person.
This is a scenario i read in a philosophy book but i dont recall who proposed it. Lets say that a violinsts kidneys are faling, and you are the ounly person in the world whos kindneys are compatible with the violinist, so you agree to help. They plug you into the violinists and tell you that you have to stay in bed next to him for nine month while herecovers so your kidneys can keep him alive. Would you say that you are infact obligated to stay pluged in even if you change your mind and decide to leave? The paralel wih abortion is i hope clear. Abortion is not one human beingkiling anothe, is one human being refusing to make sacrafices to suport the life of another. Though it may be unadmirable, should we not a reasoning beings be able to chose weather we want to or do not want to suport other human beings with our bodies.
I also have a response for those who may say that its the womans own fault that she go pregnat therfore she is resposible for the kid. I wont go into it now if someone asks i will post it in comments.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
A new study shows that some men's reaction to sex is not what you'd expect, resulting in a condition previously observed in women.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.