Re: Re: Should the rich be expected to give away their money?
That the rich should give away a part of their wealth to the poor is as much a need of the rich as it is to the poor. This is because there cannot be a society where some people have all the goodies all the time and the others remain in perpetual starvation.The rich cannot have amassed their wealth without building on the sweat,tears and blood of the poor .Rather than let the poor starve and force them to rob the rich ultimately,the rich should have the sense to share a part of their wealth with them and treat them with dignity and respect.Mahatma Gandhi advocated the trusteeship theory which says that the wealth held by the rich is being held by them only as trustees for the society and it is not their private ownership at all. Vinoba Bhave tried,albeit unsuccessfully,to persuade the rich landlords to voluntarily part with a part of their land for the common pool from which the poor will be allotted their piece of land.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
The controversy over whether Jesus had any siblings is reignited after an amazing new discovery of an ancient text.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.