Re: Re: Science and religion are completely different fields that do not conflic
I must disagree, with respect, to this comment. The various religions throughout the world all begin with such cryptic stories, and yet all are so broad they truly point to reason and not morality, but ETHICS or better yet "a way of being" that blends perfectly with how science is teaching us how to live. The whole global warming thing is ingrained in "waste not, want not", "be stewards", Love my world(s) As I Love You". And that's just a sampling, the Yaqui and other "Tribes" and always Earth freindly. It is merely a mis-interpretation of the current wave of U.S. Christian faith that is so prevelant and dominant in the media that askews the truth.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.