Re: Re: Re: Why are you a vegan?
I am not a vegetarian out of a conscious decision to be one but merely the chance circumstance of my birth in an orthodox upper caste family and the small town environment are responsible for my choosing to remain vegetarian all my life. In the environment in which we were born we tend to develop a revulsion to flesh-eating and there is additionally the scriptural exhortation to eat satvik food in order to lead an exemplary life. It is believed in the Hindu ethos that eating a vegetarian food is one of the pre-requiites for leading a spiritual life .
The second reason for the vegetarianism practiced in the Indian society is the Buddhist and Jain faiths which enjoin upon the followers to shun killing of animals for food. We are vegetarians probably because of the considerable influence these religions exercise on our way of living.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.