Re: Re: Re: Why are you a vegan?
I am not a vegetarian out of a conscious decision to be one but merely the chance circumstance of my birth in an orthodox upper caste family and the small town environment are responsible for my choosing to remain vegetarian all my life. In the environment in which we were born we tend to develop a revulsion to flesh-eating and there is additionally the scriptural exhortation to eat satvik food in order to lead an exemplary life. It is believed in the Hindu ethos that eating a vegetarian food is one of the pre-requiites for leading a spiritual life .
The second reason for the vegetarianism practiced in the Indian society is the Buddhist and Jain faiths which enjoin upon the followers to shun killing of animals for food. We are vegetarians probably because of the considerable influence these religions exercise on our way of living.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.