Re: Re: Re: What would you change about the American political process?
I would eliminate all campaign contributions by corporations and businesses. Campaigns shopuld be publically financed. I would make it mandatory for all TV and radio stations to devote free prime time space to candidates and nominees. I would limit the amounts individuals could contribute and I would create a system such as exsists in some foreign countries that fines non-voters. The fines collected to be used exclusively for financing campaigns.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.