Re: Re: Re: Re: How is technology changing politics?
Thanks for your response. You've made me re-think my response a little bit. When I said that I didn't think that the internet presidential politics, I mean that it would not be able to turn a fringe candidate into a mainstream candidate. However, I do believe there are other ways to have a large impact on an election without dramatically changing percentage points.
For example, if Barrack Obama does earn the Democratic nomination, it will be because of his internet campaigns with younger voters. What I mean to say is that a mainstream moderate might be able to beat another mainstream moderate in an election because he or she has a better internet marketing campaign that puts him or her over the top. The difference resultant from an internet campaign might be a meager 4 percentage points, but less than a single percentage point can swing an election as we've all seen in 2000. In that case, the internet could have a huge impact.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.