Re: Re: Re: Re: How is technology changing politics?
Thanks for your response. You've made me re-think my response a little bit. When I said that I didn't think that the internet presidential politics, I mean that it would not be able to turn a fringe candidate into a mainstream candidate. However, I do believe there are other ways to have a large impact on an election without dramatically changing percentage points.
For example, if Barrack Obama does earn the Democratic nomination, it will be because of his internet campaigns with younger voters. What I mean to say is that a mainstream moderate might be able to beat another mainstream moderate in an election because he or she has a better internet marketing campaign that puts him or her over the top. The difference resultant from an internet campaign might be a meager 4 percentage points, but less than a single percentage point can swing an election as we've all seen in 2000. In that case, the internet could have a huge impact.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.