Re: Re: Re: Is the threat to Israel different today?
I find it difficult to differentiate much from today or yesterday's threat. I hope that the leadership of Iran is somewhat out of touch with most in Iran, but I do believe that the poverty of the middle east Muslims in general is a basic reason for the ability to engender hate for the US and Israel. We buy their oil, the money is spent, but it never reaches the people. It's reality to see the Arab states (Saudi Arabia, Emirates, etc) where the money is spent on the people and the level of living is higher - there is little animosity towards the outer world. I think there is envy on the part of the Palestinians when they see the relative wealth of the Israeli increasing in comparison with their own wealth.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
The Harvard psychologist loves reading authors' rules for writing. Here are his own.
- Steven Pinker is many things: linguist, psychologist, optimist, Harvard professor, and author.
- When it comes to writing, he's a student and a teacher.
- Here's are his 13 rules for writing better, more simply, and more clearly.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.