Re: Re: Re: How should the Bible be interpreted?
Well, to my knowledge it was at the Council of Nicea that the New Testament was formed. And I don't know where you got the idea that I tried to tell you that the Gnostic library and the New Testament are related, but to clarify, those documents were candidates for the current canonical New Testament. Pretty much all of them were discarded for obvious reasons you stated (They are, in fact, Gnostic writings after all). Gnosticism at that point was a form of heresy, and it was father Athanasius (A member at the council of Nicea) who fought such heresy across the known world. Look up Iraneus if you are still unclear.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.