Re: Re: Re: Does public opinion influence your decisions as a judge?
I generally agree with your decisions (votes) on the Court. I think it would be difficult sometimes to look at today's situations and not be influenced by public opinion. Yet, it must be difficult to see your minority views reflect a more worldly view of public opinion. As I reflect on my views as a Texan on the death penalty (definitely against), I wonder why we want to be counted with the terrorist states of the world as the only places this penalty continues to exist.
Thank you for being part of this discussion.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.