Re: Re: Re: Cognitive scince will save humanity by learning how we think sociall
One potential problem that comes to my mind when thinking of cognitive science is that when mankind gains the ability to physically control brains (through chemistry, for example), it will be hard to define the notion of "self" or "being" anymore (think about the movie Matrix).
Though this is probably not your scenario, but if cognitive science does thrive, this will really happen.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
- A new report by Oxfam argues that wealth inequality is causing poverty and misery around the world.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.