Re: Re: Is there a possibility of a creator?
You sre dealing with the question of a creator based on the ideas of a couple of major religions. First off, religions are the mythology of the culture they have evolved in. Mythologies are the way a culture explains questions that arise from living in that culture. The two religions you cite are based on dogma that evolved in the Dark Ages of human history. In the case of Christianity I will say that the dogma has very little to do with the teachings of the proclaimed creator of the religion let alone the ideas of the Creator of the universe. God cares very little for our ideas about him, He is bigger than that and we can do better than continue to spew dogma that has no relation to the world we live in. If you know the fable of the blind men describing an elephant you have an idea of where man made religiions have gotten us. I am indifferent if a person believes Yaweh, God, Allah or Raven first brought light to the world, what matters is what are we doing with the creation it illuminated.
A guide to making difficult conversations possible—and peaceful—in an increasingly polarized nation.
- How can we reach out to people on the other side of the divide? Get to know the other person as a human being before you get to know them as a set of tribal political beliefs, says Sarah Ruger. Don't launch straight into the difficult topics—connect on a more basic level first.
- To bond, use icebreakers backed by neuroscience and psychology: Share a meal, watch some comedy, see awe-inspiring art, go on a tough hike together—sharing tribulation helps break down some of the mental barriers we have between us. Then, get down to talking, putting your humanity before your ideology.
- The Charles Koch Foundation is committed to understanding what drives intolerance and the best ways to cure it. The foundation supports interdisciplinary research to overcome intolerance, new models for peaceful interactions, and experiments that can heal fractured communities. For more information, visit charleskochfoundation.org/courageous-collaborations.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.