Re: Re: Is the threat to Israel different today?
The threat is evolving into a resurgence of worldwide antipathy towards Jews, for being arrogant and unwilling to actually do anything besides what Israel "wants." Israel is seen as throwing gas onto the fire by sending in more settlers to the West Bank and unapologetic for the multitudes already "settled." Israel is also militarily weak, based on its loss in Lebanon. Economically, Israel appears strained increasingly by USA's economic weakness. If Iran or Mideast terrorists get nukes or radiologic weapons, the terrorists' behavior is increasingly insane. Increasingly, Israelis insist that their weapons and antimissiles are effective, as if they were American military lobbyists or bigshot Russian medal-wearers. If the USA economy tanks, that would create a big crisis for Israel, and that is a new threat. But perhaps the biggest threat is a kind of "who cares" attitude as the world gallops toward plutocracy.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.