Re: Re: Is the media to blame for the war in Iraq?
Absolutely... the media has played a huge part. But the problem goes much deeper than that. The exaggerated role of the media in controlling the masses is an unintended consequence of this thing we like to call "democracy". Without question [ maybe ], the best system is a Benevolent Dictatorship. However, this comes with its own self-destructive influences. Borrowing from the principles of quantum-mechanics, it is impossible to install a dictator without negatively altering their characteristics. For better or worse, we might have to stick with democracy.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The stories we tell define history. So who gets the mic in America?
- History is written by lions. But it's also recorded by lambs.
- In order to understand American history, we need to look at the events of the past as more prismatic than the narrative given to us in high school textbooks.
- Including different voices can paint a more full and vibrant portrait of America. Which is why more walks of American life can and should be storytellers.
There is no doubt that the historical Jesus, the man who was executed by the Roman State in the first century CE, was a brown-skinned, Middle Eastern Jew.
I grew up in a Christian home, where a photo of Jesus hung on my bedroom wall. I still have it. It is schmaltzy and rather tacky in that 1970s kind of way, but as a little girl I loved it. In this picture, Jesus looks kind and gentle, he gazes down at me lovingly. He is also light-haired, blue-eyed, and very white.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.