Re: Re: Is the American political system broken?
I think so ... but I also believe we can devise a more democratic form of government than we have at present. To do so, we must recognize that there's a long and difficult road between a conception and its implementation. It has taken something over two hundred years for the American political system to degenerate from The Noble Experiment to its present state of anti-human corruption. We will not correct its flaws quickly or easily.
As a starting place, I recommend we try to understand why The Noble Experiment went awry. Why did democracy fail in America? If we don't understand that very important point, we will be ill-equipped to devise a better structure.
Are there others willing to think about how our country's political system can be made more democratic; how we can break the stranglehold the political parties maintain on our political process: how we can eliminate the extraordinary influence of vested interests on our government? Are there others willing to work toward creating a better government for the humans among us?
We will not accomplish such changes during my lifetime, but they will occur in someone's lifetime ... if we have the wit and industry to lay the groundwork.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.