Re: Re: Is information the essence of life ?
This question may need to be presented in another way, "How important is information to existance". In response to the question at hand though, my answer would be "NO". Information may be the essence of your life but it may not be the essence of mine. In ethics class they went over a story called the Brahman and the old lady. All the brahman did was study until he knew everything there was to know even the time of his own death so at his end he was miserable, where as the old lady had no clue to hers and died happy making dinner for her family. So in conclusion there are two schools of thought here one is Ingnorance is bliss and the other is "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I think Therefore I Am".
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.