Re: Re: Imagine God Evolving.
I'm glad to hear I've formed a more modern version of something. The inherent flaw you mention is actually one of the main points of the idea. By using the current understanding of the universe, I can imagine a new God more evolved than a previous God.
The same God, just updated.
As for it may or may not be true, I would have to put my money on it not being true. We constantly prove ourselves wrong. (It's a necessary process in the act of improving).
So even this form of God that I have put forth, is not a true God.
Never thought it was. It's just the best version I have going. The idea is "Imagine God Evovling". All three words are of equal value.
Imagine is a command. It's a personal challenge to use your imagination when thinking about God.
God is an almost knowable idea. An idea that can make your life, and the lives around you, better.
Evolving is the ability to survive, through change, and adaptation.
So if you believe there is no God, or you can't image there is a God, then there is no God. But you are the one making the choice to go it alone...and for what reason? To prove that you are right, and nondelusional?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
Air pollution is up to five times over the EU limit in these Central London hotspots.
- Dirty air is an invisible killer, but an effective one.
- More than 9,000 people die prematurely in London each year due to air pollution, a recent study estimates.
- This map visualizes the worst places to breathe in Central London.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.