Re: Re: How should the Bible be interpreted?
Hmm. I don't agree with him on Biblical infallibility, but politics is not about working with those with whom you already agree.
Fundamentalism is not the problem here. The real political problems occur when such a belief is usurped to support a narrow set of destructive political goals. I hope that men like this can channel fervor toward more constructive struggles.
If we are going to form a coalition to achieve real progress on issues like global warming we can't be too picky about who we will allow to work with us.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.