Re: Re: How Ethical is Marijuana Prohibition?
Having been around a good share of both, my preference has always been to be in the company of a pothead rather than a drunk. Having participated in the consumption of both, marijuana has never left me with a splitting head, hugging a toilet, wondering how my car made it to my driveway. And that is just the morning after. I have never smoked joint after joint until the blackout comes, having to piece together the events of the previous night with increasing regret. Now, agreed, one does not have to drink with the same zeal and persistance as I used to, but with marijuana, you simply cannot reach these extremes.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
An innovation may lead to lifelike self-reproducing and evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
- But increased longevity is a cause for celebration, says Ashton Applewhite, not doom and gloom.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.