Re: Re: Can anything in life exist without also containing its opposite?
I thin to define opposites, you have to define something. I don't think that there are absolutes. Within semantics, lets say you have a lamp post. Well, there are thousands of different types, all various sizes, colors etc. So, the opposite of whatever that group of identities are - and they could be a drawing of a lamp post or a picture or the word could be an infinite amount of possibilities of that things antithises.I guess what I'm saying is that you have no opposites without first identifyine the signifier. This is impossible. What is a breathe? Who is breathing? Whos self are we talking about?
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.