Re: Re: Are beliefs learned or inate?
We have found that beliefs are within our genetic code. What we believe at first is what is transmitted to us by our parents or others in that capacity. If we encounter a loss of direction, then we begin to seek that direction where we are whole. If we continue seeking we will find the way and will know that way and become unstoppable in our belief. We will act upon it and our actions in truth will encourage others to join us. Thus begins a unified belief and a sense of direction along with a knowing of upward spiritual movement. We call this truth. What opposes truth is called the LIE.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.