Re: Prove your physical personification exists.
So clarify your question. Do you want to know if I exist, or do you want to know if I exist as I perceive myself?
In the case of being, just the suggestion of my subconscious projecting the illusion of physical sensation suggests that I am. I exist, there's no doubt about that.
Now, is my life just a dream, or an imagined fantasy or scenario? That, I cannot answer. I have often wondered that myself. There are a million possible ways this could be true. I am an artificial intelligence, I am in a coma, I am asleep, I am dead.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
It turns out the human scalp has an olfactory receptor that seems to play a crucial role in regulating hair follicle growth and death.
- Scientists treated scalp tissue with a chemical that mimics the odor of sandalwood.
- This chemical bound to an olfactory receptor in the scalp and stimulated hair growth.
- The treatment could soon be available to the public.
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.