Re: Pick a race?
I would hope that if not now we will eventually get beyond labeling ourselves as one specific race. When you consider that if you look deep enough into anyones genealogy there will almost always find a mixture of races.
I've traced my own family history back some 50,000 years through DNA and found that my family reaches back to Africa, through Asia and finally back into the Anatolian region of Turkey. I'm proud of my heritage.
I find it difficult to answer a survey of application where my only choices are Caucasion, African, Hispanic, Native American or Asian. They could at least offer one more choice - other, and allow us to fill in the blank.
It will be a great day when we don't have to choose a label for ourselves and just be ourselves.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
Quoth the parrot — "Nevermore."
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809–1949) is considered one of America's great writers.
- Poe penned his most famous poem, The Raven, in his 30s.
- Originally, the poem's feathered subject was a bit flamboyant.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.