Re: Nursing Shortage
I wonder if the focus is not on the wrong area. Several people I know attempted to study Certificate IV in Nursing (Div2) at a local TAFE. "A skills shortage!" "More Nurses needed urgently," were the cries. The response was over 600 applicants for the one course. All paid a fee to sit the test and have a selection interview. Approx 570 of the applicants were told the places were now filled and to try again next year. That is a lot of disillusionment. Not to mention that the total fees paid for that one selection process would have funded another tutor for the entire course. I wonder why there were only 30 places available and still the cry for more nurses is ringing out. Where is the shortage and why cant they open up 2 classes a year? I know that of the 570 people who were turned away, there must have been a considerable amount of competent and capable future nurses in that group.
Do you think the people who keep crying out for more nursing staff aren't looking at all the factors?
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.