Re: Near Death Experiences
I have not had a near death experience but I am heartened by the reports/stories of people who have. Expanding our awareness of people's experiences with death has almost no downside that I can see. They disclose a part of human experience that we know little about and which is generally shrouded in fear. I appreciated particluarly the revelation that people tended not to talk about their experiences unless they felt someone would be positive toward their story. That points to a reservoir of undisclosed stories that are out in the world waiting to be revealed for our enrichment. This is good stuff and I am glad there are people who persue this subject with passion and vigor.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.