Re: My faith, and my solace.
Our lord, the one infinite creator, does not blink before good or bad. Good and bad are just actions, there is no good or bad, only what you choose to do and choose not to do.
The reason that we think in terms of good and bad is because certain people are manipulative and will make situations go their way and oppose others. What we are learning now is that we are self-aware, and now we must either become aware of others or reject the thought of others being our equal. So in this 3rd-density world that we call Earth the people who manipulate others take advantage of them and cause wars against other manipulative people, so there you have the "good" and "bad".
The church has labeled everything either good or bad since their beginning. Sex before marriage is "bad" because there would have been a lot more fatherless children running around before birth control became around. Doing drugs are "bad" because they alter your mind and could permanently mess you up. Going to church every sunday is "good" because the church gets donations 1/7 of the days of the year and it keeps the public majority clinging to the churches every word.
So I'm asking you, if you would wish to, do what YOU think is right all the time.
Here's the science of black holes, from supermassive monsters to ones the size of ping-pong balls.
- There's more than one way to make a black hole, says NASA's Michelle Thaller. They're not always formed from dead stars. For example, there are teeny tiny black holes all around us, the result of high-energy cosmic rays slamming into our atmosphere with enough force to cram matter together so densely that no light can escape.
- CERN is trying to create artificial black holes right now, but don't worry, it's not dangerous. Scientists there are attempting to smash two particles together with such intensity that it creates a black hole that would live for just a millionth of a second.
- Thaller uses a brilliant analogy involving a rubber sheet, a marble, and an elephant to explain why different black holes have varying densities. Watch and learn!
- Bonus fact: If the Earth became a black hole, it would be crushed to the size of a ping-pong ball.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.