Re: My faith, and my solace.
Our lord, the one infinite creator, does not blink before good or bad. Good and bad are just actions, there is no good or bad, only what you choose to do and choose not to do.
The reason that we think in terms of good and bad is because certain people are manipulative and will make situations go their way and oppose others. What we are learning now is that we are self-aware, and now we must either become aware of others or reject the thought of others being our equal. So in this 3rd-density world that we call Earth the people who manipulate others take advantage of them and cause wars against other manipulative people, so there you have the "good" and "bad".
The church has labeled everything either good or bad since their beginning. Sex before marriage is "bad" because there would have been a lot more fatherless children running around before birth control became around. Doing drugs are "bad" because they alter your mind and could permanently mess you up. Going to church every sunday is "good" because the church gets donations 1/7 of the days of the year and it keeps the public majority clinging to the churches every word.
So I'm asking you, if you would wish to, do what YOU think is right all the time.
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- The nation's sixth-largest drug distributor is facing criminal charges related to failing to report suspicious drug orders, among other things.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
- Since 1997, nearly 222,000 Americans have died from prescription opioids, partly thanks to unethical doctors who abuse the system.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
The real Game of Thrones might be who best leverages the hit HBO show to shape political narratives.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren argues that Game of Thrones is primarily about women in her review of the wildly popular HBO show.
- Warren also touches on other parallels between the show and our modern world, such as inequality, political favoritism of the elite, and the dire impact of different leadership styles on the lives of the people.
- Her review serves as another example of using Game of Thrones as a political analogy and a tool for framing political narratives.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.