I think this is a great post of Coyotes and I would encourage the wider think-tank to get involved. For me morality is absolutely from within... the human heart knows what is good for us, call it evolutionary, biological, whatever. One thing it is not, is an imposed construct from an 'intelligent' creator. It runs through our veins as blood, and is as much a part of us as our instinct to survive and propogate. We don't need a celestial bully to motivate us to good or ill towards our fellow humans. The good as well as the bad are ours to be accountable for.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.