Re: Mars colonization,
I would contend that there are only a couple entities on the planet that would have access to anywhere near the resources we need to do this - USA, China maybe? Russia? And the problem is that it's not really of any discernible benefit to any of these organizations to pursue a project like that. I'm sure we have the technology to do it, but we also have the technology to do a lot of other stuff, but we don't do things just because we can do them.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
Famous physicists like Richard Feynman think 137 holds the answers to the Universe.
- The fine structure constant has mystified scientists since the 1800s.
- The number 1/137 might hold the clues to the Grand Unified Theory.
- Relativity, electromagnetism and quantum mechanics are unified by the number.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.