Re: Making Sense of It All
Creation by evolution. God said, "Let there be light" and 50 billion years later, here we are. This is not the vengeful God of the Old Testament, nor the kinder, gentler face of the New Testament's God the Father, nor is it Allah. I do not believe that one person in the entire history of people can know how it all began, why it all began, or how it will end. For one group of people to believe that they have exclusive rights to God and Heaven is arrogant and sanctimonious. My southern Baptist upbringing would have me believe that Ghandi, Siddhartha Gautama, all native Americans, and the still remote tribes of South America and Africa are all going to hell with Hitler, Charles Manson, and me. Rabbinical scholars that study only with the Old Testament agree that the seven day creation tale was created indeed, by its authors, yet Fundamentalist Christians (& GWB) hold it to be true. Wake up and smell the fossil fuel, ya'll.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.