Re: Lets bring Janez Drnovsek to the UN
I like your enthusiasm. I caught this story on the AP wire a week or so ago and was intrigued by this guy and this story. The bigger question, to me, is the effect of this man's philosophy on the real world. While I respect his choice and even admire it, is it responsible for someone who is responsible for administering the day to day operations of a country to "drop out" like this? On the one hand, he may be providing some Gandhi-like inspiration for his people...On the other, he may be passing his responsibilities, from running the education system to getting trashed picked up...On to his fellow Slovenians.
Check out some answers to "What do you believe" on our site and let me know what you think of other politicians' personal philosophy.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, explains his plan for success.
- Jeff Bezos had a clear vision for Amazon.com from the start.
- He was inspired by a statistic he learned while working at a hedge fund: In the '90s, web usage was growing at 2,300% a year.
- Bezos explains why books, in particular, make for a perfect item to sell on the internet.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.