Re: Is the Open Courseware movement going to change the way individuals learn?
I think the Open Courseware movement is going to make it easier for some people to assume a continuous learner perspective, especially those who already have jobs and needed to continuously keep up with new developments. In my case, I was interested on learning the new media - blogging, podcasting, etc. and did not feel I needed to go back to formal school for that. I found an open course online which helped me do just that. And it was free!
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.