Re: Is the media responsible for the war in Iraq?
Is the media responsible for the war in Iraq? NOIs the US government responsible for the war in Iraq? YESIs the media responsible for the war continuing in Iraq? Definitely The US government started the war at a time when questioning the government was considered treason because of the post 9-11 patriotism. And the media will always try to say what the most people will support from its viewers. The media couldn’t have stopped the war from happening, the American people had to do that, but to this day the media refuses to put a human face on the war, or show what the US government has truly caused in the world. Unfortunately it’s not like a movie where the media go to any length to get the truth. In reality they go to any length to get you to watch them instead of the other channels.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
It turns out the human scalp has an olfactory receptor that seems to play a crucial role in regulating hair follicle growth and death.
- Scientists treated scalp tissue with a chemical that mimics the odor of sandalwood.
- This chemical bound to an olfactory receptor in the scalp and stimulated hair growth.
- The treatment could soon be available to the public.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.