Re: Is the American govenment too secretive?
regarding what John McCain said on the topic. I agree of course we porbably do have to keep secrets from our people in order to protect our people from those who may hurt us, However the truth should be told. We should be allowed to know that there is information with held we should not however be given false information, we should be told to wait for the truth and be able to know what actually happened. Be told that once it is safe we can have the truth, but unfortunately that doesn't happen they lie and keep lying. That is what is not right. That is what the people are upset about, and that is why we will not except it.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.