Re: is suicide a final act of bravery or cowardice?
Cowardice. Straight up and flat out cowardice. We are all intimidated by death, what lies in store for us, is there an after life. All that stuff. No one is scared of death. To fear it would be to dread it every single day. If everyone feared death there would be no pilots, planes, astronauts, racers, rock climbers, soldiers. Again death is intimidating. However if you take your life your taking the easiest route in avoidance of all of lifes problems after you've died. When you die, your free of the torments of life. In essence they are getting lazy with living and you will usually find people who kill themselves have something bad coming their way, like debt, or conflict.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.