Re: is suicide a final act of bravery or cowardice?
Cowardice. Straight up and flat out cowardice. We are all intimidated by death, what lies in store for us, is there an after life. All that stuff. No one is scared of death. To fear it would be to dread it every single day. If everyone feared death there would be no pilots, planes, astronauts, racers, rock climbers, soldiers. Again death is intimidating. However if you take your life your taking the easiest route in avoidance of all of lifes problems after you've died. When you die, your free of the torments of life. In essence they are getting lazy with living and you will usually find people who kill themselves have something bad coming their way, like debt, or conflict.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Unfortunately, many disparate factors are erasing the traditional Bajau way of life.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
An innovation may lead to lifelike self-reproducing and evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.