Re: Is Individualism fading?
Actually individualism is not fading but group behaviour seems to be threatening to throttle it. As somebody said our internet behaviour is itself a pointer to the way group conformism tries to destroy individualism by creating labels .For example ,what you find in Myspace or Facebook looks ,on the face, to be an attempt to carve out a personality but in reality ends up using conformistic symbols and slang which makes the individual expression just impossible.Some sort of a game is all the way being played in which the individual voice is seen as a maverick's and the irony is that all those who indulge in this gameplay are themselves anxious to be recognised as individualists .You merely end up as another member of the same mob speaking the same lingo .
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.