Re: Is China's rise our downfall?
I'm not sure if it would be America's downfall but one thing is sure in my mind -- just as it aims for economic dominance, China will be the United States main competitor for resources -- not just oil, but also steel, etc. and even human capital. As companies become global in reach and operation, they will compete for the best people to run their shops in China - wouldn't brain drain from the rest of the world be a real possibility, too?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.