Re: Is art declining as a movement?
Art is not a movement; its a metaphor for a way of life. Whether one looks back to when we lived in caves, to ancient Egypt, to the Renaiscences, or to any period of any century, it reflected its moment in time. It should not surprise us then that Art has become a fad like this year's clothes, or that it sells for exhorbitent prices or that it is out of reach for most of the population, (which also cannot afford the most stylish clothes). Is the artist still painting from his or her "soul" or satisfying aspirations to be part of the elite class? It is now almost the only criteria for success.
Is art declining as a movement? Is our moment in time in decline?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.