Re: Impossible? Prove It! pt. 2
I think that the task of proving God exists is something that can only be done if God chooses to be seen. Otherwise it comes down to faith. I see the way an atom works and how it relates to our solar system, which relates to our own Milky Way galaxy. regardless of the similar structure of particles rotating around a central nucleus, I recognise that odds of something like that occuring under the evolutionary theory as almost impossible (highly improbable).
This also applies to the size and distances of the Sun/Earth/Moon relationship. The moon is the exact size needed to perfectly block out the sun so as to allow us a good view of the suns corona in the event of a solar eclipse.
The evidence of God existing is everywhere if people open their eyes and look. If God were to prove his existence by allowing absolute prrof ofhis existence, then that would negate the principle of faith which was instituted as part of the Plan of Salvation. There are also instances in our scripture that identify specific sightings of God specifically to certain chosen people.
To me, God exists. I am certain of it.
What makes a life worth living as you grow older?
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel revisits his essay on wanting to die at 75 years old.
- The doctor believes that an old life filled with disability and lessened activity isn't worth living.
- Activists believe his argument stinks of ageism, while advances in biohacking could render his point moot.
The Amazon Rainforest is often called "The Planet's Lungs."
- For weeks, fires have been burning in the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, likely started by farmers and ranchers.
- Brazil's president, Jair Bolsonaro, has blamed NGOs for starting the flames, offering no evidence to support the claim.
- There are small steps you can take to help curb deforestation in the Amazon rainforest, which produces about 20 percent of the world's oxygen.
Emojis might contain more emotional information than meets the eye.
- A new study shows that people who frequently used emojis in text messages with potential dates engaged in more sexual activity and had more contact with those dates.
- However, the study only shows an association; it didn't establish causality.
- The authors suggest that emojis might help to convey nuanced emotional information that's lacking in strictly text-based messaging.