Re: If the Us government taxed marijuana what would be the best way to spend to
To legalise marijuana a government would have to have an extremely good reason, and there already is an extremely good reason for it to be outlawed.
Sure, some would say, "Legalise it, people are taking it anyway." But that's like saying, "Legalise murder, people are doing it anyway."
Even then, no one would really be in the right state of mind to think straight about spending tax money.
Despite the unlikeliness, I would say cancer research and environment friendly things.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.