Re: I am...
... I am fundamentally the sum of my actions and thoughts, and my response to the world's acknowledgment (in whatever form) of my actions.
Borges' ultimate labyrinth (the desert) might describe most people's vision - no markers, no sense of direction, except perhaps by the sun, given the wit to read it.
I have been fortunate enough to not see (at least the perceptually immediate) world as that labyrinth. However, I am surrounded by many for whom that labyrinth is very real, given their responses to even the most basic of confrontations. Is individual creativity lost, or has this always been a hurdle which is a wall to personal expansion?
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.