Re: Humans are not Machines
Just responding to your idea here after seeing your username. I'm not sure if people are moving more towards Nihilism in and of itself, I just think people are really awakeing to the dogma and self righteousness that most Religions teach/preach. You mentioned Buddhism and how you like it. I find Buddhism to be a very personal "religion". It not only helps the person from the core to the shell but once it reaches the shell it affects many more people. Take for instance, a moment of mindfulness, like holding a door open. Not only will you get a thank you, but maybe you'll even see a smile. Throughout the day, quite possibly, the person will remember the kindness and consciously or unconsciously, pay it forward. The world can be a better place, we just have to make it so ourselves, noone can do it for us.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Bernie Sanders reveals an even bigger plan than Elizabeth Warren, but does it go too far?
- Bernie Sanders has released a plan to forgive all the student debt in the country.
- It is even larger than the plan Elizabeth Warren put forward two months ago.
- The plan has drawn criticism for forgiving the debt of both the poor and those well off enough to pay their own debt.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.