Re: How will this age be remembered?
The invention of the computer and the technology that make possible its most powerful tool, the internet, will be this age's claim to destiny. These twin juggernauts are changing the face of information exchange, allowing all human endeavors...art, science, medicine, capitalism to grow exponentially. It is entirely likely we are not only able to crack open our own brains and share the wealth, but that we are creating a poweful meta-intelligence thru our million bits of posted information. The computer is the most important development for mankind since the wheel, and we watched it hatch!
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
We know the dangers of too little sleep. Now for the other side of the story.
- Western University researchers found that sleeping over eight hours per night results in cognitive decline.
- Oversleepers suffer similar difficulties on certain cognitive tests as those who sleep under seven hours.
- Not all the news is bad: One night of oversleeping results in a cognitive boost.
Protected animals are feared to be headed for the black market.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.