Re: How should the Bible be interpreted?
The Bible in the original Hebrew and Greek is the word of God, letter for letter. The Bible is a self-contained book, his law book. God defines how He uses words and phrases in the Bible itself. He wrote the Bible in parables, and He alone can disclose the meaning of the text. He instructs man to compare spiritual things with spiritual things, all within the Bible. God's entire word to man is contained entirely from Genesis to Revelation. We do not attempt to interpret the Bible literally or apply the wisdom of man in interpretation. We come to the Bible knowing nothing and asking God to teach us what He says.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.