Re: How should the Bible be interpreted?
The Bible in the original Hebrew and Greek is the word of God, letter for letter. The Bible is a self-contained book, his law book. God defines how He uses words and phrases in the Bible itself. He wrote the Bible in parables, and He alone can disclose the meaning of the text. He instructs man to compare spiritual things with spiritual things, all within the Bible. God's entire word to man is contained entirely from Genesis to Revelation. We do not attempt to interpret the Bible literally or apply the wisdom of man in interpretation. We come to the Bible knowing nothing and asking God to teach us what He says.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The lawsuit claims the administration violated the First Amendment when it revoked the press credentials of reporter Jim Acosta.
- CNN reporter Jim Acosta's press credentials were revoked following a heated exchange with President Donald Trump on November 8.
- The network filed a lawsuit against the administration on Tuesday, claiming the administration has violated multiple amendments.
- The White House may only revoke the press credentials of journalists for "compelling reasons," not for reasons involving content.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, we burn 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.